For Dirt Simple Courses Online, please go to the Training and Development page.
If WSU Vancouver were to suspend operations due to illness or inclement weather, faculty and instructors should be aware of the following recommendations:
- Tell students to check Blackboard (the WSU Learning Management System) for updates on instructional methods.
- If face-to-face class meetings are suspended, consider adopting Zoom or Panopto as an alternative delivery method.
- Test these technologies before Spring Break (March 16) to see how they work.
- Know how to create and share a link to a room, turn on the mic and camera (if applicable), and share the screen.
- Academic Services can help you from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on a walk-in basis in Classroom Building, Room 214. Or call the HelpDesk at 360-546-9770 and ask to speak with Academic Services.
- You may also create weekly discussion boards in Blackboard. If you have already used this methodology, you might consider it for this purpose.
Here are some helpful articles from the WSU online knowledge base about preparing for suspended operations:
You may also sign up for Spring 2020 Faculty Development Workshops.
If you have questions, drop by Academic Services 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday in Classroom Building, Room 214, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.