Academic Services is led by Michelle Eccles and provides support for technologies, learning spaces, classrooms and services that enhance teaching, learning and research at WSU Vancouver. This team works with faculty and departments to use technology to improve learning outcomes, to advance the University’s academic mission and to ensure that teaching, learning and collaborative technologies are usable by individuals with diverse abilities.
Faculty Online Course Design and Assistance: Academic Services is available to assist in several ways:
- First, we are always available for technical support, by email, Zoom session, or phone. Any technical or instructional question you have, we will try to answer. If a problem is particularly difficult, we’re happy to not only show you how to solve it, but to help solve it for you.
- Second, we offer consultations on online course design. Mike Caulfield, who works with us, has decades of experience in helping faculty take face-to-face courses to online or blended delivery, and our team members have training in best practices for online delivery. If you are trying to figure out how to translate your learning goals into an engaging and well-structured online course, we can help.
- Third, we offer a variety of services for course materials creation. Want to make an introductory course video? Set up narrated PowerPoints? Contact us to help you with it.
- Finally, we are experts in finding online course materials. We have begun to reach out to a variety of teachers and institutions to find course shells, question banks, and explanatory videos for use in courses. In some cases, we have found high quality start-to-finish courses that can be imported into Blackboard or Canvas as a starting point for your own design, allowing you to focus on customizing the course to your needs rather than creating an online course from scratch.
Learning Technologies: Provides direct assistance, consultation and workshops to support innovative uses of technologies in teaching and learning; supports student technology spaces; collaborates with WSU partners to evaluate and support emerging technologies and practices that enhance teaching and learning.
Classroom Technology and Events: Provides comprehensive classroom support and event venue services for WSU Vancouver, including multimedia and learning space design expertise, and innovative solutions in integrating technologies to enhance student learning.
Academic and Collaborative Applications: Advances teaching, learning and research by investigating computing trends and identifying user needs in order to implement and support the latest technology solutions for collaboration, teaching, learning and research.
Videoconference and Multimedia Services: Supports synchronous distance delivery of academic courses and other university activities via WSU’s videoconference system and other media technologies while providing technical development, management and support, scheduling, user training and related services to enhance the WSU Vancouver educational experience via videoconference and multimedia systems.
- VCS Control room: VECS 110, 360-546-9033, firstname.lastname@example.org
- To request a meeting via videoconference please follow these instructions
- Videoconference Meeting Schedule (with room numbers)
- Tips for students taking videoconference classes
Accessible Technology: Helps ensure that the university’s technology-based teaching, learning and research tools and resources are accessible to and usable by all students, faculty and staff, including those with a wide range of abilities and disabilities. Also collaborates on national and international projects that promote the use of accessible technology. Learn more about accessibility initiatives at WSU Vancouver by viewing the Accessibility Council's page. For more information about accommodations, visit the Access Center.