We're excited to be offering these sessions, and we're thrilled to reconnect with all of you, whether through the lens of a camera or face-to-face! In the meantime, if you want to have one-on-one sessions with Academic Services, do not hesitate to reach out to Michelle Eccles and she will set you up with a team member.
Canvas Grade Book
This workshop will go into detail about how the Canvas grade books works and how to use it.
- August 19, 2021 - Register for August 19 Canvas Grade Book Workshop
Course Analytics and Academic Alerts
This workshop will detail how analytics are used in Canvas and how they will help you communicate with students and academic alerts.
- August 20, 2021 - Register for August 20 Course Analytics Workshop
Facilitating Broader Engagement in F2F classrooms
This workshop will cover the nuts and bolts of face-to-face instruction and engagement strategies, as well as other topics.
- August 3, 2021 - Register for August 3 Facilitating Broader Engagement Workshop
Panopto: Recording, Editing, Captions and Embedded Quizzes
This workshop will walk through all of the ins and outs of Panopto including recording, captioning, editing and adding quizzes to a video that can be used in Canvas courses.
- August 19, 2021 - Register for August 19 Panopto Workshop
Streaming Classrooms: the equipment and how to use it
This workshop will demonstrate the new equipment in classrooms that can be used in a variety of ways.
- August 19, 2021 - Register for August 19 Streaming Classrooms Workshop
Other Resources for Online Instruction
We also have a number of additional online resources available for you. There are videos recorded by Academic Services and Canvas that are very helpful. Here is a list of those videos:
Migration of Blackboard Content to Canvas
- Exporting Blackboard Content to import to Canvas.
- This video walks through the process of preparing your Blackboard course to export and then importing it to Canvas.
- Using the Campus-Based Course Template
In this video, we cover the components of the Campus-Based Course Template in and how to import from Canvas Commons to your own Canvas course space.
- Getting Acquainted with the Canvas Course
In this video, we give a brief introduction of what the Blackboard content could look like once moved to Canvas.
- Cleaning up the Canvas Course
In this video, we walk through cleaning up your course space – removing duplications and unnecessary elements. We share considerations as you manipulate your content to work within this new system.
Canvas tools and Content
- Building your Canvas Course from the Overview out
- Rich Content Editor
- Adding a simple YouTube link in a Canvas Quiz.
- How to Embed a YouTube Video into Canvas
- Customizing Modules
- Course settings
- Canvas - Creating assignment groups and group weights:
- Audio & Video Recording in Canvas.
- Creating and Using Groups in Canvas.
- Course Home Page Customization.
- Canvas courses a nickname on the Dashboard
- Restoring deleted content in the Canvas LMS
- Sharing Canvas content items with other Canvas users
- How To Give A Student A Time Extension On A Quiz In Canvas
- Rubrics in Canvas
- New Course analytics
- Preparing your course for grade sync
- Using grade sync
- Copying your Course.
- Creating a Canvas Page Students can Edit
- Canvas Choice Boards
- 4 ways to Make sure your students are watching your videos
Other interesting tips