Financial problems and resources

1. How should I advise and/or direct a student who indicates they have financial problems or concerns?

Since many students have unique circumstances related to financial aid and scholarship it is best to direct students to the Cougar Center (first floor Student Services Center) and/or suggest they review the Student Financial Services website.

2. Do we have any reciprocity or agreements with the state of Oregon for discounted tuition?

Yes, the state of Washington’s Border Bill allows Oregon residents who live in specified counties to attend WSU Vancouver or Tri-Cities part-time (8 credits or less per semester) and pay resident tuition rates for the courses taken through these two WSU campuses ONLY. Information regarding the Border Bill is available on the Admissions website.

3. How do I respond if a student tells me they need to pass my class in order to maintain their financial aid and/or scholarship?

It is important to be alert to students’ needs whether they are financial or otherwise, but be cautious how this information may impact grading. It is important to always determine grades based on coursework, tests, participation and the grading as outlined in your syllabi. For students who have financial concerns, please direct them to the Cougar Center (first floor Student Services Center).