Education Abroad

1. Where can my student find information about study abroad?

Information about education abroad can be accessed at the International Programs Study Abroad website. Students are encouraged to make an appointment with the coordinator in the Engaged Learning and Career Action Center for Students to learn about searching for programs, the application process, financial aid for studying abroad and more. The coordinator can be reached at 360-546-9273.

2. Is it possible for students in my discipline to study abroad?

Students can earn credit abroad that will count towards most academic disciplines. As part of the application process, students explore classes that they are interested in taking abroad. Then they work with their department or advisor to establish equivalencies between WSU courses and the courses offered at a foreign university. To ensure the best fit with their educational plans, students are encouraged to explore their options early in their academic careers. More information about the course pre-approval process can be accessed on the Academic Planning for Education Abroad webpage.

3. Is there funding available for students to study abroad?

Most if not all of students’ financial aid will go abroad with them. Students who currently receive grants, loans or scholarships will likely be able to use them to fund their experiences abroad. In addition, WSU and many of the third-party organizations working with WSU to send students abroad, offer grants and scholarships specifically to students who are interested in studying at a foreign university. Scholarship information is available for students who study abroad.