What do students do if they feel they have witnessed or been the victim of some form of discrimination?

Students, staff or faculty who feel they have witnessed or been a victim of some form of discrimination should report this immediately. Discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or mental, physical, or sensory disability is prohibited in conformity with federal and state laws.

  • Discrimination by a student
    A faculty, staff member or student may file a complaint against a student for any violations of the Standards of Conduct for students – this includes discrimination. Acts of discrimination (misconduct) involving a student may also be filed online using the misconduct form. A complaint may also be prepared in writing and directed to the Director for Student Development. Any complaint needs to be submitted as soon as possible after the event takes place, preferably within 30 days.
  • Discrimination by a faculty/staff member
    Students may report such incidents to the chair/supervisor of the faculty or staff member in question. They can also discuss and/or file a complaint with the WSU Vancouver Office of Human Resources at (360) 546-9094.