The Council on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion seeks proposals for its 2023 – 2024 Diversity Mini Grants for activities that address and support the WSU Vancouver’s Strategic Plan’s Goal 4. Goal 4 of the strategic plan is to promote an ethical and socially just society through an intentional commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging. The Council on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion is now accepting grant proposals that address this goal. The proposal must include one or more of goal 4’s objectives:
Objectives for Goal 4:
- Ensure equitable opportunities and outcomes for all student populations, including parity in recruitment, retention and graduation rates across student demographic groups.
- Ensure equitable recruitment, retention and promotion of employees across demographic groups, including increasing representation from underrepresented race/ethnicities (African American, Native American, Latinx and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander employees) to better reflect the diversity of the student body.
- Cultivate and maintain a campus climate that fosters belonging, safety and opportunity to thrive for all employees and students.
- Develop and employ an equity lens instrument in decision-making, creating and revising of policies, processes and practices across campus departments, units, councils, committees, strategic plan and all campus endeavors.
The Council on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion will accept proposals for grants up to $3,500. Awards will be determined based on application and adherence to at least one of the objectives of Goal 4 of the WSU Vancouver Strategic Plan. All applications should include the positive impact the planned event will have on the WSU Vancouver campus and wider community.
Proposals must include:
- A one-page detailed description of the project and how the proposal will address one of the three objectives of Goal 4.
- A one-page detailed budget and expected time of presentation. The budget must include all expenses including, but not limited to speaker fees, travel expenses, student assistants, purchase of materials and advertising. The Council suggests an advertising budget of $100 to $200 to increase proportionally with the grant amount being requested. Proposals lacking a detailed budget will not be considered.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are woven into the culture of the WSU Vancouver community. Award funds must be expended by June 15, 2024. Funds will not be available after June 15, 2024, and no extension will be possible under any circumstances, including those related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Grant proposals are open to faculty, students, and staff at WSU Vancouver. Grantees must submit a one-page report on the Grant Outcomes by June 30, 2025.
Proposals will be accepted through Friday, Sept. 22, and should be submitted to The Council on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Chair, email@example.com.