21st Annual WSU Vancouver Research Showcase
The 2023 WSU Vancouver Research Showcase will take place on April 12. Students will be able to participate in person through podium and/or poster presentations. Podium presentations will be judged in Dengerink Administration Building, Room 129. Poster presentations will be judged in the Firstenburg Student Commons. An online gallery will be viewable on this website for poster presentations only. Faculty and students can also participate in an Award Ceremony 4:30 p.m. April 12 where the award winners will be announced.
2022 Research Showcase Awardees
How to Participate
Submit your abstract between Monday, Jan. 30 and Friday, March 10.
Three judges will be assigned to review your poster presentation. You will have an opportunity to present to each judge assigned to your presentation. In total, you will give your presentation at least three times. After your presentation, the judges will be able to ask in depth questions about your research. Judges will then complete a scoring rubric and return it to the Committee for final tally. Please refer to the rubric score sheet below.
Rubric Score Sheet for Poster Presentations
Three judges will be assigned to review your podium presentation. After your oral presentation, the judges and audience will be able to ask in-depth questions about your research. You will have three minutes to answer any questions. Judges will then complete a scoring rubric and return it to the committee for final tally. Please refer to the rubric score sheet below.
Rubric Score Sheet for Podium Presentations
Schedule of Deadlines and Events
- Jan. 30: Accepting abstract submissions
- March 2: Workshop—Learn How to Create an Effective Poster Presentation: Tips & Suggestions, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., Multimedia Classroom Building, Room 211A
- March 10: Abstract submission closes at 11:59 p.m.
- March 26 – Poster Presenters: Poster and biography deadline—must be emailed by 11:59 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 26 – All Presenters: Submission confirmation deadline—must be emailed by 11:59 p.m. to email@example.com
- March 29: Workshop—How to Prepare and Deliver an Impactful Podium Presentation, 10 a.m. to 10:50 a.m., Undergraduate Building Room 222
- April 12: Online gallery viewable to public
- April 12: Poster presentations, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. in Firstenburg Student Commons
- April 12: Graduate podium presentations, 1 – 4 p.m. in Dengerink Administration Building, Room 129
- April 12: Awards Ceremony, 4:30 p.m. in Dengerink Administration Building, Room 129. (A Zoom link for the event is available for those who are unable to attend in person.)
A certificate of merit and a monetary award will be given to each of the top three graduate and undergraduate poster presenters. Additionally, a certificate of merit and a monetary award will be given to each of the top three graduate and undergraduate podium presenters. First place winners will receive $300; second place $250; and third place $200. Research Technician/Postdoc are allowed to participate but are ineligible for any award.
The Awards Ceremony will be held 4:30 p.m. April 12 in the Dengerink Administration Building, Room 129. All presenters (including co-presenters) are expected to attend.
A special thank you to these 2023 donors who have made the monetary awards possible:
- Mel Netzhammer, Chancellor
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Holly Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.