19th Annual WSU Vancouver Research Showcase
The 2022 WSU Vancouver Research Showcase will take place over four days, April 12 – 15. Podium presentations will be judged in an interactive online forum via Zoom. Visitors will be able to connect online and view your presentation live. Poster presentations will be judged in person in the Firstenburg Student Commons. An online gallery will be viewable on this website. Faculty and students can also participate in a Virtual Award Ceremony on Friday, April 15 where award winners will be announced.
How to Participate
Submit your abstract between Monday, Feb. 7 and Friday, March 11.
Three judges will be assigned to review your poster presentation. You will have an opportunity to present to each judge assigned to your presentation. In total, you will give your presentation at least three times. After your presentation, the judges will be able to ask in depth questions about your research. Judges will then complete a scoring rubric and return it to the Committee for final tally. Please refer to the rubric score sheet below.
Three judges will be assigned to review your podium presentation. You will present in a public Zoom meeting. After your oral presentation, the judges will be able to ask in-depth questions about your research. You will have three minutes to answer any questions. Judges will then complete a scoring rubric and return it to the Committee for final tally. Please refer to the rubric score sheet below.
Schedule of Deadlines and Events
- February 7: Accepting Abstract Submissions
- March 8: Workshop—Learn How to Create an Effective Poster Presentation: Tips & Suggestions, 9:10 – 10:25 a.m. in Science and Engineering Building, Room 19 or via Zoom
- March 11: Abstract Submission Closes at 11:59 p.m.
- March 27 – Poster Presenters: Poster and biography deadline—must be emailed by 11:59 p.m. to email@example.com
- March 27 – All Presenters: Submission confirmation deadline—must be emailed by 11:59 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 29: Workshop—How to Prepare and Deliver an Impactful Podium Presentation in a Virtual Setting, 10:45 a.m. – noon in Dengerink Administration Building, Room 129 or via Zoom
- April 12: Online gallery viewable to public
- April 12: Poster Presentations, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. in Firstenburg Student Commons
- April 13: Graduate Podium Presentations, 2 – 5 p.m. Hybrid - VDEN 129 and via Zoom. View the recording.
- April 14: Undergraduate Podium Presentations, 9 a.m. – noon via Zoom. View the recording.
- April 15: Virtual Award Ceremony, 11 a.m. via Zoom. View the recording.
The top three posters and podium for each graduate and undergraduate levels will be awarded a certificate of merit and a monetary award. First place winners will receive $300; second place $250; and third place $200.
Virtual Awards Ceremony
Awards will be presented at the Virtual Awards Ceremony at 11 a.m. on April 15. All presenters (including co-presenters) are expected to attend.
A special thank you to these 2022 donors who have made the monetary awards possible:
- Mel Netzhammer, Chancellor
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Holly Davis at email@example.com.