Guidelines for WSU Vancouver graduate students
Sponsored by the Office of Student Involvement and the Office of Research and Graduate Education.
Criteria for student eligibility
- Currently enrolled and a full-time student at WSU Vancouver in at least nine graduate credits when applying for the grant. (If applying for summer travel, you must provide proof of fall enrollment).
- Current student at WSU Vancouver.
- An applicant may only receive one travel grant in any fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
- If graduating in the spring, travel must be completed before June 30 of the same year.
Appropriate use of funds
- Payment for registration fees, travel and lodging expenses at professional conferences at which you will present your scholarly paper or other professional conference presentation.
- The presentation must cover research conducted while attending WSU, not a previous institution.
Note: Travel grants are funded using Services and Activities fees, thus expenditures are limited to nonacademic activities. Grant funds may NOT be used to support travel for the purpose of conducting research or other activities (including formal classes involving grades) directly associated with the requirements of completing a graduate degree at WSU Vancouver. Refer to the S&A Fee Brochure for more information about applicable university policy on such expenditures.
Grant award limits
- Grant may be awarded up to $1,500
- Limit of one award per student each fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
- Masters students and medical students may only receive one award during their program.
- Medical students may receive one award in either year three or four of their program.
- Doctoral students may receive up to three awards throughout their doctoral program. In rare instances, additional travel services may be considered.
- Online applications are due on the last Friday in September, November, January, April and June of each academic year.
- Applications must be received, reviewed and approved prior to travel. Awards will not be granted for past travel or reimbursed for expenses personally paid prior to the date of the travel award.
- The vice chancellor of research and graduate education will review all applications within two weeks of the above dates and respond to each applicant.
- The vice chancellor of research and graduate education will limit requests depending on the strength of the application, available funds and the number of applicants.
- Applications must be fully completed to be considered for funding.