- course details
- Dates and time: 6 – 8 p.m., Mondays and Thursdays: April 3 - 27
- Location:Online, instructor-led live sessions
- Number of sessions: 8 sessions over 4 weeks
- Instructional fee: $895, reduced fees available (see Cost section below for details)
- Format:Zoom videoconference
Leading a change initiative is more people-centric than it is process-centric. While you are navigating changes, you are also navigating people’s reactions to changes. This highly interactive course will enable new and established change agents to lead and manage change initiatives with confidence and clarity. The course will be offered in April.
What you will learn
- Explore the psychology behind how individuals respond to change
- Apply the PROSCI Change Management approach for individuals (ADKAR) and teams (three-phase process)
- Assess skill gaps and perform learning needs assessment
- Manage resistance to change effectively
- Positively impact organizational culture through change management
Who should attend
This course is for people who are interested in developing change management strategies, a career in change management or are in the process of managing an organizational change.
This course covers the following:
- Introduction to change management
- Understanding how the human brain responds to change
- Getting started: ADKAR Change Management by PROSCI
- Navigating organizational change: Three-phase process
- Reaching the future state: Perform a needs assessment
- Navigating conflicts and resistance to change
- Driving positive cultural impact through change management
Applied learning model
You are encouraged to bring a change initiative you are currently working on. This course will conclude with a collaborative brainstorming session to explore solutions for your initiatives and discover opportunities for improvement.
Judy Sebastian (she/her/hers) is the principal consultant at Apex Global Consultants (Portland, Ore.) and senior advisor at Apex Food Consultants (Dubai). She has supported the advancement of employee and organizational development strategies for businesses across North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Sebastian helps new leaders take the guesswork out of leadership. Her dual specialization in public health and HR management enables her to wear multiple hats simultaneously. She is adept at cross-functional communications, conflict resolution and cultural intelligence. Her approach is to co-create meaningful learning experiences that deliver practical and timely tools.
Sebastian holds master’s degree in industrial biotechnology and holds certifications in executive coaching, change management, project management and total quality management.
The instructional fee is $895. There are limited number of seats available for employees of small businesses with fewer than 150 employees ($448), non-profits and educational institutions ($224), and for current WSU students ($90) and employees ($224). All instructional fees are per person and include a nonrefundable administrative fee of $75. See Registration for details.
The registration fee is the same regardless of residence.
Meetings and format
The course consists of Zoom videoconference meetings with live instruction. To attend via Zoom, you will need a computer with webcam, microphone and high-speed internet.
Each Zoom session allows for live interactions with the instructor and other students via chat, web conferencing or phone, all in real time. Assignments and other materials will be available online through a web-based learning management system.
- Attend at least six of eight classes