Skip to main content
- To process mail and shipments in a timely manner to all students, faculty and staff at WSU Vancouver.
- Optimize service and efficiency to meet the needs of students, faculty and staff in sorting, pick-up and delivery of mail and packages.
- Provide appropriate documentation to support queries about time, date, method or condition of items shipped or received.
- Effectively communicate mail, shipping and receiving information to system users in a timely manner.
- To chargeback postage costs to system users to achieve break-even.
- To evaluate courier service providers to minimize costs while maintaining acceptable service.
- To develop, evaluate and maintain documentation to facilitate appropriate service, cost allocation and staffing levels for mail, receiving and delivery services.
- Provide twice daily pick-up and delivery to/from WSU Vancouver departments.
- Ship outgoing packages out the same day, if received prior to daily deadline.
- Sort and deliver mail received on the day delivered, if received prior to daily deadline.
- Provide regular reporting to ensure all appropriate costs are charged back to system users.
- Cross-train Physical Plant staff to provide for vacation and sick coverage without adding additional personnel in the short-term.
- Review opportunities for additional services that can be centrally supplied more efficiently and use charge-backs to support additional resources required.
- Additional staff once work load and/or number of stops is too great to permit twice daily pick-up and delivery service.
- Purchase of additional equipment that permits greater efficiencies through cost reductions, staff savings or expanded service.