Primary responsibility is to teach and develop undergraduate courses in electrical engineering. The successful candidate may also be expected to participate in graduate education. Other responsibilities include holding office hours, advising, conducting course assessments, service contributions on committees, participation in recruitment events and contributing to our campus diversity goals (e.g. incorporate issues of diversity into mentoring, curriculum, or service).
Non Tenure Track
Only applicants who are eligible to work in the U.S. and meet the following required qualifications will be considered for the position. Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or related field; classroom teaching experience.
Teaching interest in at least two areas of: DC and AC circuit theory, digital logic circuit design, microprocessor systems, signal and systems, and electromagnetics; college level teaching experience; industry experience; ABET accreditation experience; demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
This job posting can be found and here: Apply Now
To search all WSU jobs please visit https://wsu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WSU_Jobs and “Search Jobs”.
The following materials should be included in your application package.
- Cover letter with clear description of experience relevant to each of the required and preferred qualifications;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Teaching philosophy statement to include a list of existing ENCS courses the candidate can teach;
- Statement on equity and diversity (guidelines found at https://www.vancouver.wsu.edu/sites/www.vancouver.wsu.edu/files/uploaded-files/equity-diversity-statement-guidelines.pdf)
- Contact information for 3 professional references.
Please note there are several optional documents to upload. Please upload only the below documents in the following sections:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (in Application Questions 1 of 3 under "Cover Letter")
- Teaching Philosophy Statement (in Applications Question 3 of 3 under "Teaching Statement")
- Statement on Equity and Diversity (in Applications Question 3 of 3 under "Diversity Statement")
- Contact information for 3 professional references (in Applications Question 3 of 3 under "Professional References")
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Washington State University is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259 (f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.