Washington State University Vancouver and the College of Nursing invite applications for clinical track clinicians, scholars and educators. The candidate selected for this position will be on the faculty in the College of Nursing. Clinical track rank dependent upon qualifications.
The program at Washington State University Vancouver offers a: 1) RN to BSN completion program; 2) master of nursing (MN) program with specialization as a population health nurse with preparation as a nurse educator or nurse leader available; and 3) a DNP program with specialization as a Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, or Population Health Nurse.
We are seeking faculty applicants with clinical expertise and a scholarly focus that will contribute to our strengths in building the scientific knowledge base in the following areas of research: (a) behavioral health, (b) patient care quality and safety, (c) community and public health, and (d) educational innovations and outcomes.
Clinical faculty will be responsible for:
- Teaching undergraduate, masters and/or doctoral students.
- Advising undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Maintaining an ongoing program of scholarship.
- Disseminating scholarly findings.
- Serving on graduate student committees.
- Providing service to the department, College of Nursing, and university communities as well as the nursing profession.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
In accordance with Washington State Governor’s Proclamation 21-14.1, as a condition of employment, all WSU employees must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical/religious accommodation no later than October 18, 2021. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving their last shot in a vaccine series. Vaccine or an approved accommodation for new employees will be verified no later than October 18, 2021. If the effective date of appointment is October 18, 2021 or later vaccine or approved accommodation status will be verified prior to first day of employment. Please reach out to Human Resource Services (HRS) at email@example.com or 509-335-4521 if you have questions regarding this.
1) A Doctor of Nursing Practice degree by date of hire.
2) National certification as a family nurse practitioner, and at least two years of full time practice as family nurse practitioner.
3) Eligibility for ARNP and RN licensure in Washington State and Oregon State.
4) Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and the reduction of health disparities.
1) Experience in teaching and advising graduate and/or undergraduate students.
2) Experience with technology assisted education modalities.
3) Experience working with diverse populations and/or students.
4) Demonstrated ability to implement practice-based research studies addressing salient nursing and health care issues.
5) Nursing education leadership experience
6) Interdisciplinary/interprofessional collaboration in practice and/or education.
Screening will begin immediately and will remain ongoing until a successful candidate has been identified.
Please visit WSU.edu/jobs and on the upper left corner you will find “Search Jobs”. To view current WSU Vancouver openings select General Campus - WSU Vancouver under the locations section on the left.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Washington State University is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259 (f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.