The Alumni Coordinator will be a member of the Washington State University Vancouver Development and Alumni Relations team. This position will have extensive contact with alumni, students, faculty, staff and community members and will serve as an ambassador for WSU Vancouver. This position will report to the Director of Development and Alumni Relations.
- Social media management
- Manage WSU Vancouver Alumni social media posts, pages and plans for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Outreach and coordination with campus community, WSU Alumni Association and local chapters to build relationships and strategy around promoting relevant events and topics.
- Coordinate special messages to alumni (i.e. National Teacher Appreciation week; Veterans Day; Holidays).
- Butch T. Cougar coordination
- Develop and implement recruitment plans for student mascot program.
- Coordinate schedules and student handlers.
- Promote offerings for Butch T. Cougar at on-campus and off-campus events.
- Events support
- Develop program ideas and reach out to vendors, alumni, and community partners during the planning and promotions phases.
- Support team with events logistics, set up/tear down, and organization during events.
- Support Cougs in the Community events with coordination of development team and colleges.
- Staff the Recent Alumni Advisory Council and schedule meetings.
- General office support
- Update databases.
- Coordinate introductions of alumni to development officers as appropriate.
- Update Cougar Business Alliance membership and outreach.
- Assist development team with managing and creating content for Cougar Quarterly e-newsletters and Northwest Crimson and Gray Magazine issues.
- Manage the department’s general email account.
- Assist development team with other projects as needed.
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Must have valid driver’s license at time of hire and reliable transportation.
- The position is part-time and candidates must be willing to have flexible hours.
- Ability to travel and to work occasional weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, phone manners, and email etiquette.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Must work well with a team.
- General office experience preferred.
- Experience with events (logistical, planning and support) preferred.
- Experience with social media management preferred.
To apply, please send a cover letter, current resume and two-three reference contacts to Jessica Wells via email Jessica.email@example.com . Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications. Successful completion of background check is required.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Washington State University is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259 (f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.