Support the students and programs that are important to you.
We are living in a strange, stressful and difficult time. Now more than ever, it is imperative that we show up for each other and lend a helping hand.
What is the OurWSU Vancouver Faculty & Staff Giving Campaign?
Once a year, we ask our faculty and staff to show their support for our students and our institution by making a gift to WSU Vancouver. These dollars mean we can award more scholarships, provide essential programs such as the Student Emergency Fund and the Cougar Food Pantry, and ensure VanCougs receive a high-quality education. This campaign is all about employee participation because we know that every gift makes a difference.
WSU Vancouver is working to keep students enrolled, learning and on track to graduate. Assisting VanCougs during this time when many of them are facing economic hardship is one of WSU Vancouver’s top priorities. If you would like to support WSU Vancouver students who have been impacted by COVID-19, please do so at WSU's Online Giving page.
As always, a donation to any fund is appreciated and all gifts, no matter the size, are impactful at this time—participation is the goal, not the dollar amount. Every gift matters.
When do I give?
- The OurWSU Vancouver Faculty & Staff Giving Campaign runs April 10 – 28.
- If you’ve made a gift prior to the campaign (thank you!), that gift is counted in the total percentage of giving.
- If you want to double your impact, make a gift during CougsGive on April 12. Help us unlock matching gifts from donors in our community and compete against other campuses and units across the WSU system.
How do I give?
- Give at WSU's Online Giving page.
- If the fund you wish to support isn’t available online, please email Grant Yenney for assistance.
- Fill out the Faculty & Staff Payroll Deduction Form (PDF). All permanent faculty and staff are eligible for payroll deduction contributions.
- Use the payroll deduction chart to calculate how much you would like to contribute each period, whether you are on a 12- or 9-month appointment.
- Refer to this list of funds you can support.
If you have questions about a fund or the fund you wish to support is not listed, please email Grant Yenney.
Choose between an indefinite deduction or a pledge.
- Indefinite: the deduction will continue each pay period unless you request to update or cancel the deduction, or upon separation with the university.
- Pledge: the deduction will continue each pay period until a dollar threshold you set is reached.
Complete the Total Deduction and Donor Signature portion of the form.
Please print and sign the document and scan to Grant Yenney.
If you are unable to physically sign and scan the document, please send the digital form unsigned to Grant Yenney and include the following statement: “I, [name], approve the attached payroll deduction form.” Your physical signature may need to be collected at a later date.
Make payable to WSU Foundation.
Send to:WSU Foundation
Attn: Naomi Hansen
14204 NE Salmon Creek Ave.
Vancouver, WA 98686
Send an email to Grant Yenney with the check amount and the fund you are supporting.
Support our students
“The Faculty & Staff Giving Campaign is a wonderful opportunity to grow WSU Vancouver in the direction we want it to evolve. Not only does giving offer direct support to students in tangible ways—such as scholarships and the Cougar Food Pantry—but it also helps faculty with their teaching and research, which helps students. I have had the opportunity to see the impact of contributions on teaching innovations and grant funding. Please join me this year and participate in making WSU reflect your vision.”
Thabiti Lewis, Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Each department that reaches 100% participation or a 10 percentage point increase over the previous year will receive a special treat and all campaign donors will receive a thank you gift in the fall.
Questions? Please email Grant Yenney.