The Equity and Diversity Advisory Board (EDAB) is a thoughtful and passionate body of community leaders from the Southwest Washington/Portland metro region who represent, assist and make recommendations in accordance with the WSU Vancouver strategic goal to promote an ethical and socially just society through an intentional commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity. EDAB focuses deliberate attention to the following:
Closing the Gap
- EDAB facilitates educational partnerships by assisting the university in building and maintaining strong relationships as well as partnerships with underrepresented communities, culturally specific organizations, community colleges, K-12 institutions and business, civic, cultural, and social organizations.
- EDAB members assist the university in identifying grant funding opportunities in support of college access programs for underrepresented and underserved students in our region.
Increased Capacity for Institutional Change
- Members of EDAB serve as ambassadors for the university and assist with developing new relationships, new opportunities for collaboration and mobilization of resources that are mutually beneficial. They are a confidential sounding board for ideas to integrate equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the campus fabric.
- EDAB contributes to and promotes the university’s strategic efforts to improve outreach, recruitment, and retention of students, faculty, and staff from historically and currently underrepresented populations.
- EDAB supports the university in developing strategies and initiatives that promote dialogue around issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
|Dave Beke||Catholic Community Services of Western Washington|
|Sharif Burdzik||Columbia Credit Union|
|Obie Ford III||WSU Vancouver, Chair|
|Mike Iyall||Cowlitz Indian Tribe
|Promise King||League of Minority Voters|
|Kim Sogge||Pride Foundation|
|Jasmine Rucker Tolbert||NAACP Vancouver, WA|