Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) at WSU Vancouver are voluntary employee-led groups that foster a community and climate of equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging. Our campus ERGs increase capacity for equity-minded institutional change and promote an ethical and socially just society through an intentional commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity by:
- Supporting initiatives of committees, councils and groups working to improve outreach, recruitment, and retention of POC and underrepresented faculty, staff and students.
- Elevating visibility, viability, leadership and promotion of POC and underrepresented faculty and staff across campus units at WSU Vancouver.
- Facilitating genuine professional partnerships among POC and underrepresented faculty and staff and the at large WSU Vancouver community.
- Hosting affirming campus events for POC and underrepresented faculty, staff and students that provide opportunities for social networking and professional development.
- Creating a network of support that informs POC and underrepresented staff and faculty of social events and issues occurring in the southwest Washington and greater Portland community.
If you are interested in learning more about ERGs or starting a new ERG on campus for POC and underrepresented staff and faculty, please contact Obie Ford III, Associate Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, email@example.com.