The Building a Community of Equity (BaCE) Program is for WSU Vancouver staff, graduate students, faculty, supervisors and administrators. Established in 2018, the BaCE program is an essential educative strategy in WSU Vancouver's imperative to promote an ethical and socially just society through an intentional commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. Since its inception, more than 50% of faculty and staff (including academic leadership, campus police and the chancellor's cabinet) have participated in BaCE.
The BaCE program has a mission and vision to provide WSU Vancouver staff, graduate students, faculty, supervisors and administrators:
- A robust schedule of BaCE enrichment workshops and offerings each semester
- Theoretical and practical frameworks for equity, intercultural development, antiracism, diversity, inclusion, belonging, love and justice
- Brave, healing, inclusive and safe holding space for self-reflection, intergroup dialogue, skill-building and equity lens expansion
- Culturally sustaining resources and equity-minded tools to build a community of equity, and impact policy, process, practice, pedagogy and people
- Empowerment to activate advocacy and advance equity as a change agent
- Opportunity to earn BaCE certificate with completion of at least 12 hours of program offerings including the Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®)
Thank you for your commitment to Building a Community of Equity at WSU Vancouver. Register for upcoming BaCE offerings today!